One of my favorite summertime treats is a no-bake strawberry Jell-O pie. It’s sweet, tart, refreshing, wrapped up in a graham cracker crust, and perfect for a hot summer day. Made with fresh strawberries it’s got that classic taste of summer. Since this is a no-bake recipe, it’s perfect for the summertime when you don’t want to turn your oven on.
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 box (6 oz) strawberry Jell-O™
- 3 cups slice strawberries
- 1 10-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream to top
- Line the bottom of your pie crust with slice strawberries. If using smaller strawberries, we recommend facing the pointed end up. If using larger berries, slice in half lengthwise.
- Combine the cornstarch, sugar, and apple juice in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stirring constantly, heat mixture until it begins thick and smooth, approximately 3 – 5 minutes. Add the strawberry Jell-O to the thickened mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from heat, allow to cool slightly, approximately 15 minutes, and pour the gelatin mixture over strawberries and refrigerate until set.
- Slice, serve, and top with fresh whipped cream.
Without fail, my mother made this pie for us every single summer. One bite and it takes me back to my childhood – warm summer evenings spent capturing fireflies, summer days that seemed to stretch on forever, and family meals around the kitchen table. This quick and easy recipe is sure to be a favorite amongst your family and friends, one that you’ll make for years to come!
Let me know in the comments below what your favorite summertime treat is.
Until Next Time…